Information for Students Interested in Changing Their Major
- Interested In Changing TO a Nutrition Major
If you are a current UC Davis student in another major, but are interested in changing to either Clinical Nutrition or Nutrition Science, please email the Nutrition Advising Center at email@example.com to speak with an advisor. We would be happy to tell you about the major options within the department and help you create an academic plan with recommended classes.
Peer Advisors are available for advising appointments, but please be aware that you will not be able to make an appointment with a Staff Advisor using the Appointment System on your own.
- Interested In Changing FROM a Nutrition Major
- If you are a current UC Davis student in a nutrition major and interested in changing to a major in another department, please contact the advising center of the department you are interested in changing into. Use the link provided to find the department’s webpage.
If you are a current nutrition major and want to change major within the department (ex. a current Clinical Nutrition major who wants to change to Nutrition Science), please make an advising appointment with your assigned major advisor. Students who are Nutrition Science – Nutrition in Public Health option or Nutrition Science – Nutritional Biology option do not have to change their major to change their option. Both options are within the same major.
- New Students in Their First Quarter
- New students to UC Davis cannot apply to change their major in their first quarter. You will have to wait until at least after your first term to attempt to change your major. We suggest you contact and work with an advisor in your intended major to make sure you are taking the appropriate classes in your intended major and/or prerequisites to change into your intended major. Advisors can also review the timeline of when you can apply to change your major.
If you have any questions, please contact the Nutrition Advising Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.