- Lindsay Allen wins Mathile Institute Award for Career Achievement in Evidence Translation
- Nutrition Department recruiting for Assistant Professor of Nutrition & Neurodevelopment
- Liz Applegate awarded 2016 USDA Food and Agriculture Sciences Excellence in Teaching Award
- Anson Lai (Clinical Nutrition Class of 2016) awarded 2016 Charles Hess Community Service award
- Nutrition welcomes two new faculty members
- Congratulations Class of 2016!
- Celebration of legendary instructor Liz Applegate at her last Nutrition 10 lecture
- Angela Zivkovic selected to be a 2016-2017 Hellman Fellow
- Carolyn Slupsky selected to serve on NIH scientific review panel
- Kathryn Dewey leads study showing that lipid-based prenatal supplement improves infant health and nutrition in Bangladesh
- Liz Applegate presents on "Lessons Learned from 60,000 Nutrition 10 students -- 31+ Years of Experiences and Musings"
- Carolyn Slupsky selected as a 2015-2016 Chancellor’s Fellow
- Cremonini and Daveri receive "Best Poster" awards at the 7th International Conference on Polyphenols and Health
- Recent publications by department members
- Molecular Pharmacology article by Drs. Haj and Bettaieb selected for research highlights by journal
- Zivkovic paper selected for “Top Microbiology Papers” collection by PeerJ
- Lönnerdal named Fellow of the American Society for Nutrition
- Zivkovic interviewed for BacterioFiles podcast regarding microbes present in our food
New scientific discoveries reinforce that nutrition is central to maintaining health and reducing disease risk. This is an exciting time to be a part of the science and application of nutritional knowledge.
Welcome to the Department of Nutrition, one of the premier programs in nutritional biology.We invite you to explore our research and outreach programs, teaching offerings and affiliated programs. [more]
Nutrition Department researchers extend science-based information about nutrition and health through a variety of departmental publications and resources.
Slupsky named Kinsella Chair
Congratulations to Dr. Carolyn Slupsky who has been named the new John E. Kinsella Chair in Food, Nutrition and Health. The endowment was created using funds provided by General Foods that originally supported the late Professor Kinsella’s research in food science and human nutrition, with specific focus on the interrelationships between food, nutrition, and health. Dr. Slupsky's research includes understanding the impact of diet on human health from the perspective of nutrition, the gut microbiome, and host-microbial co-metabolism. [more]