- Dewey, Matias, and Mridha publish articles showing that children get physical and intellectual boost from lipid-based nutrient supplements
- Reina Engle-Stone helping to improve health in developing countries with flour and oil
- Beth Prado lead author on paper showing impact of prenatal vitamins on cognitive development in children
- Albert Aguilera receives Chancellor's Achievement Award for Diversity and Community
- Zidenberg-Cherr selected for ASN Trailblazer Career Award
- Zivkovic and colleagues publish on the interrelation between breast milk components, gut microbiota, and infant health
- Rachel Scherr receives ASN Early Career Award
- Slupsky named John E. Kinsella Chair in Food, Nutrition and Health
- Anson Lai (Clinical Nutrition Class of 2016) awarded 2016 Charles Hess Community Service award
- Nutrition welcomes two new faculty members
- Congratulations Class of 2016!
- Celebration of legendary instructor Liz Applegate at her last Nutrition 10 lecture
- Angela Zivkovic selected to be a 2016-2017 Hellman Fellow
- Carolyn Slupsky selected as a 2015-2016 Chancellor’s Fellow
- Recent publications by department members
- Molecular Pharmacology article by Drs. Haj and Bettaieb selected for research highlights by journal
- Zivkovic interviewed for BacterioFiles podcast regarding microbes present in our food
New scientific discoveries reinforce that nutrition is central to maintaining health and reducing disease risk. This is an exciting time to be a part of the science and application of nutritional knowledge.
Welcome to the Department of Nutrition, one of the premier programs in nutritional biology.We invite you to explore our research and outreach programs, teaching offerings and affiliated programs. [more]
Nutrition Department researchers extend science-based information about nutrition and health through a variety of departmental publications and resources.
EXCELLENCE IN RESEARCH
Congratulations to Cooperative Extension Specialist Dr. Sheri Zidenberg-Cherr who has been selected for the 2017 Academic Federation Award for Excellence in Research.
This award recognizes Dr. Zidenberg-Cherr’s entire body of work, which has been instrumental in the development of nutrition education curricula, multicomponent interventions, and nutrition education competencies benefiting students, teachers, and school nutrition professionals in the state of California and beyond. [more]