- Liz Applegate presents on "Lessons Learned from 60,000 Nutrition 10 students -- 31+ Years of Experiences and Musings"
- Nutrition Department recruiting for two part-time lecturer positions for Spring Quarter 2016 (FSM 120L and NUT 129)
- Liz Applegate gives the Aggie Rundown on Sports Nutrition
- Dr. Haj to present at the first UCD Annual Kidney Research Day, March 17th, 2016
- Filing date extended for recruitment of Assistant Professor of Nutrition Science with preferred emphasis in Micronutrient Metabolism
- Kathryn Dewey leads study showing that lipid-based prenatal supplement improves infant health and nutrition in Bangladesh
- Carolyn Slupsky selected as a 2015-2016 Chancellor’s Fellow
- Cremonini and Daveri receive "Best Poster" awards at the 7th International Conference on Polyphenols and Health
- Nutrition Department recruiting for Assistant/Associate Professor of Community and Global Nutrition with a preferred emphasis in Maternal and Child Nutrition
- Recent publications by department members
- Molecular Pharmacology article by Drs. Haj and Bettaieb selected for research highlights by journal
- Department hosts Oxygen Club of California (OCC) 2016 World Congress, May 4-6, 2016
- Childhood obesity-prevention program promotes healthy lifestyles in a rural California Mexican-American community
- Zivkovic paper selected for “Top Microbiology Papers” collection by PeerJ
- Lönnerdal named Fellow of the American Society for Nutrition
- Zivkovic interviewed for BacterioFiles podcast regarding microbes present in our food
New scientific discoveries reinforce that nutrition is central to maintaining health and reducing disease risk. This is an exciting time to be a part of the science and application of nutritional knowledge.
Welcome to the Department of Nutrition, one of the premier programs in nutritional biology.We invite you to explore our research and outreach programs, teaching offerings and affiliated programs. [more]
Nutrition Department researchers extend science-based information about nutrition and health through a variety of departmental publications and resources.
Congratulations go to UC Davis Clinical Nutrition major Aria Wexler, who has been named a 2016 UC President Global Food Initiative (GFI) Fellow. As a GFI Fellow, Wexler will be working with a variety of campus organizations to increase programs on food advocacy and nutrition education for students. She will be focusing most of her efforts on a new program, Fruit and Veggie Up, which is a collaborative program with local markets to recover gleaned produce and distribute to students. [more]