- Congratulations Class of 2016!
- Celebration of legendary instructor Liz Applegate at her last Nutrition 10 lecture
- Angela Zivkovic selected to be a 2016-2017 Hellman Fellow
- Carolyn Slupsky selected to serve on NIH scientific review panel
- Liz Applegate awarded 2016 USDA Food and Agriculture Sciences Excellence in Teaching Award
- Kathryn Dewey leads study showing that lipid-based prenatal supplement improves infant health and nutrition in Bangladesh
- Liz Applegate presents on "Lessons Learned from 60,000 Nutrition 10 students -- 31+ Years of Experiences and Musings"
- Dr. Haj to present at the first UCD Annual Kidney Research Day, March 17th, 2016
- Carolyn Slupsky selected as a 2015-2016 Chancellor’s Fellow
- Cremonini and Daveri receive "Best Poster" awards at the 7th International Conference on Polyphenols and Health
- Recent publications by department members
- Molecular Pharmacology article by Drs. Haj and Bettaieb selected for research highlights by journal
- Department hosts Oxygen Club of California (OCC) 2016 World Congress, May 4-6, 2016
- Zivkovic paper selected for “Top Microbiology Papers” collection by PeerJ
- Lönnerdal named Fellow of the American Society for Nutrition
- Zivkovic interviewed for BacterioFiles podcast regarding microbes present in our food
New scientific discoveries reinforce that nutrition is central to maintaining health and reducing disease risk. This is an exciting time to be a part of the science and application of nutritional knowledge.
Welcome to the Department of Nutrition, one of the premier programs in nutritional biology.We invite you to explore our research and outreach programs, teaching offerings and affiliated programs. [more]
Nutrition Department researchers extend science-based information about nutrition and health through a variety of departmental publications and resources.
Anson Lai wins Hess Award
Congratulations to Anson Lai (Clinical Nutrition Class of 2016) who has been awarded the 2016 Charles Hess Community Service Award! This award is presented by the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences to recognize outstanding community and campus service. During his undergraduate studies, Anson volunteered as a nutrition intern and patient advocate at several clinics for underserved populations in Sacramento, did community outreach with UC Cooperative Extension in Yolo County, and was a clinical nutrition intern at the UCDMC Burn unit. [more]