- Recent publications by department members
- Zivkovic paper selected for “Top Microbiology Papers” collection by PeerJ
- Bo Lönnerdal named Fellow of the American Society for Nutrition
- Angela Zivkovic interviewed for BacterioFiles podcast regarding microbes present in our food
- Carolyn Slupsky promoted to full Professor
- School-based nutrition education program results in fewer overweight and obese children
- Kathryn Dewey selected as recipient of 2014-2015 McCollum International Lectureship in Nutrition Award
- Carl Keen receives McCormick Science Institute Research Award
- Nilesh Gaikwad receives tenure, promoted to Associate Professor
- Program in International and Community Nutrition Seminars are now available online
- Fawaz Haj promoted to full Professor
New scientific discoveries reinforce that nutrition is central to maintaining health and reducing disease risk. This is an exciting time to be a part of the science and application of nutritional knowledge.
Welcome to the Department of Nutrition, one of the premier programs in nutritional biology.We invite you to explore our research and outreach programs, teaching offerings and affiliated programs. [more]
Nutrition Department researchers extend science-based information about nutrition and health through a variety of departmental publications and resources.
Drs. Haj and Bettaieb are among a group of UC Davis researchers who recently identified a key mechanism in neuropathic pain. Neuropathic pain is a common consequence of both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes, affecting up to 70 percent of patients. The discovery could eventually benefit millions of patients with chronic pain from trauma, diabetes, shingles, multiple sclerosis or other conditions that cause nerve damage. [more]