- Cremonini and Daveri receive "Best Poster" awards at the 7th International Conference on Polyphenols and Health
- Nutrition Department recruiting for Assistant/Associate Professor of Community and Global Nutrition with a preferred emphasis in Maternal and Child Nutrition
- Nutrition Department recruiting for Assistant Professor of Nutrition Science with a preferred emphasis in Micronutrient Metabolism
- Recent publications by department members
- Molecular Pharmacology article by Drs. Haj and Bettaieb selected for research highlights by journal
- Department hosts Oxygen Club of California (OCC) 2016 World Congress, May 4-6, 2016
- Childhood obesity-prevention program promotes healthy lifestyles in a rural California Mexican-American community
- Zivkovic paper selected for “Top Microbiology Papers” collection by PeerJ
- Lönnerdal named Fellow of the American Society for Nutrition
- Zivkovic interviewed for BacterioFiles podcast regarding microbes present in our food
New scientific discoveries reinforce that nutrition is central to maintaining health and reducing disease risk. This is an exciting time to be a part of the science and application of nutritional knowledge.
Welcome to the Department of Nutrition, one of the premier programs in nutritional biology.We invite you to explore our research and outreach programs, teaching offerings and affiliated programs. [more]
Nutrition Department researchers extend science-based information about nutrition and health through a variety of departmental publications and resources.
Drs. Haj and Bettaieb are among a group of UC Davis researchers who recently identified a key mechanism in neuropathic pain. Neuropathic pain is a common consequence of both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes, affecting up to 70 percent of patients. The discovery could eventually benefit millions of patients with chronic pain from trauma, diabetes, shingles, multiple sclerosis or other conditions that cause nerve damage. [more]