- Zidenberg-Cherr selected for ASN Trailblazer Career Award
- Zivkovic and colleagues publish on the interrelation between breast milk components, gut microbiota, and infant health
- Rachel Scherr receives ASN Early Career Award
- Slupsky named John E. Kinsella Chair in Food, Nutrition and Health
- Rachel Scherr presents at UC Davis Big Ideas Symposium
- Lindsay Allen wins Mathile Institute Award for Career Achievement in Evidence Translation
- Nutrition Department recruiting for Assistant Professor of Nutrition & Neurodevelopment
- Liz Applegate awarded 2016 USDA Food and Agriculture Sciences Excellence in Teaching Award
- Anson Lai (Clinical Nutrition Class of 2016) awarded 2016 Charles Hess Community Service award
- Nutrition welcomes two new faculty members
- Congratulations Class of 2016!
- Celebration of legendary instructor Liz Applegate at her last Nutrition 10 lecture
- Angela Zivkovic selected to be a 2016-2017 Hellman Fellow
- Carolyn Slupsky selected to serve on NIH scientific review panel
- Kathryn Dewey leads study showing that lipid-based prenatal supplement improves infant health and nutrition in Bangladesh
- Liz Applegate presents on "Lessons Learned from 60,000 Nutrition 10 students -- 31+ Years of Experiences and Musings"
- Carolyn Slupsky selected as a 2015-2016 Chancellor’s Fellow
- Recent publications by department members
- Molecular Pharmacology article by Drs. Haj and Bettaieb selected for research highlights by journal
- Lönnerdal named Fellow of the American Society for Nutrition
- Zivkovic interviewed for BacterioFiles podcast regarding microbes present in our food
New scientific discoveries reinforce that nutrition is central to maintaining health and reducing disease risk. This is an exciting time to be a part of the science and application of nutritional knowledge.
Welcome to the Department of Nutrition, one of the premier programs in nutritional biology.We invite you to explore our research and outreach programs, teaching offerings and affiliated programs. [more]
Nutrition Department researchers extend science-based information about nutrition and health through a variety of departmental publications and resources.
Aguilera wins award
Since receiving his Ph.D. from the UC Davis Graduate Group in Nutritional Biology in 2015, Dr. Albert Aguilera has been working as a postdoctoral scholar in the UC Davis Department of Nutrition focusing on the USDA-AFRI Niños Sanos, Familia Sana (Healthy Children, Healthy Families) project. Dr. Aguilera was recently selected as a recipient of the Chancellor’s Achievement Award for Diversity and Community in the Post-doc category. This award specifically recognizes his contributions in enhancing inclusiveness and diversity within the campus community. [more]