The Effects of Naturally Occurring and Sugar-Sweetened Beverages Study
Welcome to the UC Davis Nutrition Department Sugar and Stress Study site. Information about the Effects of Naturally Occurring and Sugar-Sweetened Beverage Study is given below.
People Are Consuming More Sugar
Scientists at the University of California, Davis and the University of California, San Francisco are conducting a research study to determine what the effects of drinking 3 sugar-sweetened beverages versus naturally-sweetened beverages each day has on a person´s metabolism.
We need healthy women, ages 25-40, BMI range 26-35, who:
- Are willing to drink 3 sweetened beverages each day for approximately 15 days
- Are non-smokers and not taking thyroid, lipid-lowering, diabetes, depression or blood pressure medications
- Have extra time to devote to helping us answer this important question
Participation in this study requires a significant time commitment:
- The entire study lasts approximately 31 days, with experimental testing days lasting
approximately 17 days and follow-up questionnaires to be done at home 2 weeks after.
- For portions of the study you will need to live (at no expense with all food provided) at the Western Human Nutrition Center located at UC Davis.
- For 1 ½ days at the beginning of the study
- For 1 ½ days at the end of the study
- You will be compensated approximately $815 for completing the study.
For more information: call (916) 296-2100 or use the online form to contact study coordinator.