Volunteers Needed for Whole Grape Powder Study
Researchers at UC Davis / Nutrition Department are interested in studying the
effects of whole grapes on markers of health.
- Individuals: overweight & with a BMI ≥ 30
- Ages 18 and older
- In good health
- Not taking anti-inflammatory medications
- Not pregnant or lactating
What Will Volunteers Do?
- Come to the UC Davis/ Ragle Nutrition center 5 times during 10 week study, 2 visits will be approximately 5 hrs
- You will be required to arrive fasted for blood draws and provide urine samples
- You will be asked to consume a breakfast meal (provided by the researchers) on 2 study days
- You will be asked not to eat grapes or products containing grapes (wine, juice, raisons, etc) as well as other high polyphenol foods during the study
- You will be asked to consume a grape product beverage (provided by the researchers) every day during the study
Volunteers will receive up to $100 for participation
For more information, please call (530) 754-5994 prompt #1 or use our online form to contact study coordinator.