Dose Response Sugar Study
Welcome to the UC Davis Nutrition Department Dose Response Sugar Study site.
Information about the Dose Response Sugar Study is given below.
People Are Consuming More Sugar
Scientists at the University of California, Davis and the USDA are conducting a research study to determine the effects that drinking 3 sugar-sweetened beverages each day has on a person´s metabolism.
We need healthy men and women, age 18-40, who:
- Are willing to drink 3 sugar-sweetened beverages each day for approximately 18 days
- Are non-smokers and not taking thyroid, lipid-lowering, diabetes, depression or blood pressure medications
- Have extra time to devote to helping us answer this important question
Participation in this study requires a significant time commitment:
- The entire study lasts approximately 23 days.
- For portions of the study you will need to live (at no expense with all food provided) at the Clinical Research Center at the Sacramento VA Hospital located at Mather Field.
- For 3 ½ days at the beginning of the study
- For 3 ½ days at the end of the study
- You will be compensated approximately $1,080 for completing the study.
For more information, please call (530) 754-8093, listen for instructions about the DOSE RESPONSE SUGAR STUDY, and provide your contact information.
Online form to contact study coordinator