Arterial Stiffness Phase III - Participants Needed for a Research Study
UC Davis Nutrition Researchers are conducting a study that examines how the intake of cocoa flavanols modulates arterial stiffness.
To qualify for the study you must be:
- 55 to 75 years old
- Not on supplements (multi-vitamin OK)
Participants will be asked to:
- Participate in three 3-hour visits
- Consume cocoa flavanol-containing drinks
- Follow a 1 ½ day long low-flavanol diet on 3 occasions
- Undergo non-invasive arterial stiffness determinations by collecting pulse signals at your neck, wrist and leg.
- Provide blood samples
Participants will receive:
- $340 in compensation and copies of laboratory results
For more information: call (530) 219-8199 or use the online form to contact study coordinator.